The past week I
– Served my first tables at Rust En Vrede. Best part of my job are the conversations with customers who have without exceptions been lovely so far. I especially love hearing their stories from Scandinavia and tell them more about Finland (Northern Lights is a hot topic)
– Gave my strategic consultation whether implementing another production line was a wise choice or not for the brand Double O 😉 One of my advise is naturally that consumer behaviour is shifting away from soft drinks into healthier options – U.S. serves as a great example where decline in demand has continued now 10 years in row. It is only matter of time when African consumers become more conscious consumers as well
– Ditched studies for few hours to enjoy a romantic afternoon date in the Botanical Garden, hidden in the middle of Stellenbosch Uni campus
– Had an amazing steak dinner in Carne in Cape Town. Simply an unique experience for people who appreciate great service and meat. PJ and I shared 5 different kinds of African birds and lamb ravioli with fries, broccoli, spinach, salad, mushroom sauce…. And though the food is better than you can dream of, the chocolate fondant with ice cream is actually my favourite dish. Description cannot be put to words.
– Danced all night on Thursday night in a house party with 100 of our closest friends. I can’t believe I didn’t know these people less than 6 weeks ago.
– Sweated my ass off twice at hot yoga
– Spent a relaxing Saturday at Spier Wine Estate with PJ. She went to see TedX talks, I sat on a bridge over a river and enjoyed the pleasure of not having to do absolutely anything
– Partied all night in Cape Town with roomies. We went to Orphanege and Village Idiot, which became perhaps my favourite bar ever. Great vibes and felt like being back in New York
– Hangover drive to Hout Market with a convertible, passing Lion’s Head, Table Mountain and along the beautiful coastline of Cape Town. What a beautiful city
– Enjoyed my first home cooked meal in South Africa by PJ’s cousin – so delicious I decided it’s time for me to start using our lovely kitchen at home 😉
Can’t wait what this week will bring… Have a great one lovelies ❤